STUDENT INTERN – DIVERSITY PROMOTIONS
Diversity Website and Events Promotion
The Student Intern – Diversity Promotions will work under the direction of the Assistant to the Chancellor for Affirmative Action to update the content for the Diversity website, and promote campus diversity events through the use of the Diversity Calendar and select social media.
- Work with campus event planners and student organizations to obtain copy (event information) and artwork (logos, pictures) for each of the selected events to be highlighted on the website, calendar and social media.
- Work with the campus webmaster to place information for selected events into the Spotlight section of the Diversity website.
- Develop content for postings to websites and social media (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress).
- Monitor and engage students, faculty and staff on select social media.
- Solicit information for all campus diversity events to ensure that all diversity events are displayed on the University’s Diversity Calendar. When needed, submit event information to the Diversity Calendar manager.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Chancellor, serve as liaison to the campus webmaster to provide updated copy or new copy to the Webmaster in order to keep the Diversity website current.
- Complete other related projects as assigned by the Assistant to the Chancellor.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in writing, eg media, PR, marketing communications
- Possess a basic understanding of Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Hootsuite and social media in general.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and be able to work independently under limited direction.
- Establish positive working relationships with faculty, staff, and students who plan diversity events.
- Design and/or video editing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge and background in web publishing are a plus, but not required.
Immediately prior to the start of each semester, and during the early part of each semester the position will require the Student Intern works 15-20 hours per week. During the remainder of each semester the Student Intern will work approximately 10-15 hours per week.
This is a PAID internship. It is an hourly student help position, at a rate of $8.50 per hour. Hours per week will range from 10 to 20 hours, depending upon student schedule and availability.
How to apply:
Please send resume to Ron Buchholz by March 23 – firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, be sure to include “Diversity Promotions Intern.”