Nominations are being accepted for the 2013 Dr. PB Poorman Award for Outstanding Achievement on Behalf of LGBTQ People. The UW System wishes to publicly recognize the distinguished and consistent achievements in service of LGBTQ people within the UW System.
The award will be presented as part of the joint UW System LGBTG Conference/Wisconsin Women’s Studies Conference, October 18-19, 2013 at UW-Madison.
Nomination materials should address the following criteria:
Outstanding achievement as evidenced by performance that consistently and substantially has resulted in important and significant contributions to the LGBTQ communities within the UW System. These contributions must be above and beyond the assigned duties of the nominee’s role. The recipient may not have previously received the award or be an acting member of the award committee.
The recipient will have:
- significantly furthered the mission, vision and goals of the Inclusivity Initiative for LGBTQ People; and/or
- performed at a high level resulting in distinction in one’s profession campus-wide, system-wide, statewide, nationally, or internationally for research, teaching or service regarding LGBTQ issues; and/or
- published, presented, consulted, advocated, or used creative approaches to address LGBTQ issues within the classroom or in service to students.
Nomination materials should include:
- Letter of Nomination - A letter of nomination addressing one or more of the criteria listed above. Nominations may be made by one-self or others.
- Statement by the Nominee - A statement by the nominee on his or her professional contributions and service regarding LGBTQ people or issues (2-page limit).
- Letter of Support – Up to three letters of support (in addition to the Letter of Nomination) from colleagues or students qualified to comment on the nominee’s work. Where possible, the applicable nomination criteria from above should be addressed.
- Resume or CV - A current version that documents the nominee’s work in this area.
Please forward nomination materials to Elizabeth Ogunsola, Office of Affirmative Action & Diversity, Hyer Hall 339, firstname.lastname@example.org, electronically by 4 p.m., Monday, April 15, 2013.
More information here PB Poorman Outstanding Achievement Award